Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! (and check out my new "Photo a Day" blog in this blog group)

Wow! It is so hard to believe that the New Year is here! I hope that you and your friends and families are doing well.   It has been a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday.  We enjoyed visits from good friends and relatives. That is one of the best parts of this "Season of Good Will, don't you think?


Now  it is time to get back in the studio. (Well, actually I have been in the studio, but it is time to get serious)!  There are pieces to finish, pieces to start and experiments to be had!


I would love  to take another  workshop.  The animals do influence my scheduling (most are seniors) - my husband says, "Go ahead and schedule one," (he'll hold down the fort), but we will have to see! (Just this morning, I called my Vet and took "Yam" in to see him. He is a sweet older kitty, but was under the weather. After a thorough examination and a shot (with some follow up meds to take at home),  he will be fine.  Thank goodness!


Here is a little dog I found on New Year's Eve Day.  After making several phone calls and then placing an ad in the paper, her person called me, identified her and she has been returned to her rightful owner.  She is a cutie.  What a sweet, sweet little dog.  

Have a good day, everyone!  Check through my  "bank of blogs" for the Photo a Day blog.  It should be a fun project.  

"Til Later!
Terrie 

8 comments:

sara said...

Happy New Year!
We're back in town. Check out Ana's blog for photos of Gigi (www.thegigster.blogspot.com)that I took.
Anyway, please explain how I can access the photo a day blog. I don't see any link. Thanks!
PS: We finished the muffins and will work on the fruitcake soon!

Terrie Corbett said...

Hi Sara! Happy New Year and welcome back. Look on the right side of the blog (where my photo is)and click on "check out my profile." Click on that and there is a section named My Blogs - I have 4. They are labeled based on content. Hope that helps!

Terrie Corbett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sara said...

OK, got it!
Also, did you use the magnetic lasso for this image?!

Terrie Corbett said...

I haven't successfully used the lasso yet, but which image are you referring to? The photo of me and the pup or my id. photo or one of those on the photo-a-day? Also, I went to the blog and what a doll Gigi is. I loved the photos!

sara said...

Yes, she's literally a doll! Ana said one 8-year-old girl friend always treats Gigi like she's a doll, when playing with her. YEs, I'm referring to the photo of you and the pup.

Terrie Corbett said...

That background is the true background from my shoulders "up." It is the trees seen through the windows. However, I used the copy tool to extend it all the way down. (not as successfully as sometimes, but it looked better than the floor and the edge of the bed)!
(I didn't see you as a 'follower' on my photo a day or perhaps you meant you would check on it from time to time)! It was good seeing you all at the museum.

sara said...

Yes, I get it now. I thought you had extracted your image and put it on a glass texture! I couldn't tell they were trees!
Yes, I will check the photo-day blog when I check everyone's blog.