Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer is here! Hot, hot, hot!

Moonlight Stroll
vitreous enamels, kiln-fired glass 

(recently sold at Kittell/Riffkind Art Glass in Dallas, Texas)
 
It is June 1, 2010 and we are getting ready to experience one of our afternoon showers!  Welcome to Tallahassee!

It was a good Spring.  I sold several pieces - that's always nice!  I'm in a show at Kittrell/Riffkind right now called "On the Wild Side. There are several  shows on the horizon, so I am trying to prepare for those!  

We enjoyed a nice weekend with my brother, Monty, and my sister-in-law, Linda.  They got in on Friday evening.  I had already purchased a cooking class at "Panhandlers" on Friday as part of my husband's birthday present, so he had a good time attending that and then we came home just in time for their arrival.  It worked out fine!

On Saturday,  Chuck and Monty worked on a glass piece and Linda and I tried some enameling on copper.  She did a good job!  The fellows did good work on their piece as well.   Later, on Saturday evening, we enjoyed a delicious dinner that Mom prepared (Chuck helped also).

Sunday, Mont and Linda returned to Pensacola and we worked some more in the studio.  It was a nice family weekend!

Well, here comes the rain - everyone have a good evening!


Til later, 






 

No comments: