Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot!!


Well, we broke 100 degrees today! it is unbelievable! Here in Florida, the humidity can really get to you! I have lived here for 27 years and it still amazes me. Luckily we live right beside the woods. If you walked down the ravine about 20 feet, I swear it is 10 degrees cooler. Amazing really.

It has been a busy couple of weeks. I was looking through some of my photos and found this one of my brother, my Mom, and me that my husband made when we were at a local nursery. We look like we are enjoying being outside and it wasn't too hot, so I thought I would put it in today's posting!

We are meeting with the architect about our "outside room" on Thursday. Actually seems kind of crazy to be thinking about one with this heat, however, there will be a covered walkway to the room from the house and it will extend down into the woods. The walkway and room will be about 10 or 15 feet off of the ground, so it should be very nice in the Spring and Fall. It will be screened in and will have a small deck on the southern end. Since it is a two story structure, the "underneath part" will be storage. I hope we can get it approved.

Well, we have an early morning tomorrow...have to take the car in for a check up. I'd better sign off for now. Hope everyone has a good "rest of the week."
Til later.

2 comments:

sara said...

We're back! We were only gone for 1 week and the plants were droopy and brown! We watched the Weather Channel in OH and the meterologist actually mentioned "Tallahassee" more than once!
Jeff Zenick has graciously agreed to store Mark's paintings in his warehouse studio until Mark gets our garage cleared up for more storage. Ugg!

Terrie Corbett said...

Hi Sara! Welcome back! It has been unbelievable. We've been here except for Saturday and Sunday and we have had some problems, too. The heat has been in triple digits for about 7 days now. Some of those were 103 or more!