Saturday, December 9, 2006

Brrrr! 21 degrees in Tallahassee!

Wow, it was a record-breaking 21 degrees here in Tallahassee today. A beautiful but very cold day! We had our last outdoor show and had to leave the house by 6:30am in order to set up and be ready when the show began at 9am. I had on 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, heavy duty socks and shoes and a scarf, hat and large sweater coat with gloves---this is Florida? Are you kidding me?!

We saw a lot of old friends and patrons and made some new friends. Sales were not as "brisk" as the weather, but considering how many people did not come to the event until after 12n, we did ok. We did have a lot of fun with folks buying gifts and trying to keep their significant other in the dark! There is always some "mild trickery" while attempting to make discreet purchases during the holiday season. It's fun.

I had several people tell me that they had seen my work at my newest gallery, Thomas Eads Fine Art, and that they liked it. Always nice to get that feedback!

Well, it's time to think about my own Christmas list. I'd better get started. Happy Shopping Everyone!
Til Later!
Terrie

No comments: