Friday, July 18, 2008

At Play
high fire enamels,
and sgraffito on kiln-fired glass

Well, hello everyone! It has been a very productive week! I've attended quite a few meetings and I have put in my time working in the studio.

I was glad to talk with my brother and sister-in-law who have both been to Orlando and San Francisco since I last saw them. They shared some of their photos and looks like they had a wonderful time in both cities.

My brother also went to a meeting in Las Vegas. He sent some photos of some glass that he saw while he was there.

We were looking forward to a visit from my Aunt who lives in North Carolina, however, she has had to cancel. We are disappointed, but hopefully it won't be too long before we see her.

The opening of Soul Mates at LeMoyne is July 31st. Then on August 4th, I need to mail my work to Kittrell/Riffkind in Dallas. Their opening is August 23. We are trying to plan a trip out there. We would like to be there for the opening reception, but may not be able to make it in time. We will visit the gallery for sure. We also want to have dinner with some old friends whom we haven't seen in a very long time. Our plans are to visit The University of North Texas in Denton (30 miles outside of Dallas), where we both attended school, and then drive to Huntsville, Texas (70 miles outside of Houston) where Chuck was on the Music Faculty and I received my BFA degree and finished all but two classes (plus my graduate exhibition) on my MFA. We really had some good times at both places. It has been a long, long, time since we were there, however.

I have several places that I would like to go! I want to spend some time at the beach, I want to go back to Asheville, NC and we would like to make a trip to NYC. So - - - -when would we do all of this?! Who knows!

Well, I hope everyone has a good Friday evening. Come back. See you soon.

Terrie




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're in S FL now visiting my family. Mark has been working on some sketch ideas for Table Rock. Hopefully we'll see you in time for Soul Mates opening.