Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hot, hot, hot!

"Patina"
high fire enamels, sgraffito, sandblast etching
Yikes! it is so hot today. i guess it is nothing compared to Dallas and other parts of the Southwest, but we have some incredible humidity, too!

Last week we held the opening of the "Soul Mates" exhibition at the LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts. It was held on Thursday night and we had a really good crowd. There is a little something for everyone. I gave the Gallery talk and also sold one of my paintings in kiln-fired glass (the one posted here). I want to go back and see the exhibit again. You never really
get to look at the work on opening night!

The Women's show at the Airport has closed. I thought it was a very nice show.

We mailed my pieces to Kittrell/Riffkind Art Glass in Dallas on Monday. I was so relieved to get them in the mail. I am one of the featured artists in the Featured Artists Series which opens on August 23. Michael says that they arrived safe and sound. Whew! My husband is a very very good packer! He made some of the packing boxes. When you are mailing 14 pieces of glass, well, it is good to know that they all arrived on time and safely!

We are looking forward to our trip. We will visit some old friends in Texas and some of my husband's former students. We are looking forward to stopping by Kittrell/Riffkind Art Glass in Dallas. I am really looking forward to visiting with Michael and Barbara in person. We have talked often by phone and corresponded by email, of course!

Well, we are getting a summer thunderstorm right now, so I will sign off. I hope this publishes, I have had some problems with my blog today. (no offense blog guys, it's the first time I have had a problem).

Til Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As my neighbor says, "embrace the heat"! We might as well learn to sweat now with global warming!