Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And the week just keeps getting better!

"And I"
High fire enamels on float glass
10"H x 11"W
This evening, my husband and I attended a gallery talk, a members meeting, and a silent auction at the LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts. We had a wonderful evening. All 5 of the exhibiting artists gave very interesting presentations. The evening ended on a wonderful note. We were bidding on two pieces in the silent auction. It did get a little competitive, and at one point I put a smiley face beside my bid so that the other bidder would hold no hard feelings! We left with both pieces - a Roland Hocket print and a Nancy Reid Gunn ink drawing! My husband then surprised me by telling me he had purchased one of the Ron Yrabedra paintings in the exhibit! Am I just the luckiest wife or what! It seems like Christmas in October. Amazing! I 'm just thrilled. What a wonderful week, wonderful month, wonderful year, it is turning out to be.
'Til later,
Terrie

6 comments:

Lee said...

I've enjoyed looking at your paintings in glass.

l

Terrie Corbett said...

Thank you! Please visit again.

Anonymous said...

You are the best Corbett.

Your favorite Curator.

JP

Terrie Corbett said...

Hey there!

Glad you stopped by! You are my favorite!

yrabedra said...

what wonderful people you both are...I'm glad to count you as friends. Ron

Anonymous said...

Dear Terrie and Chuck,
After my routine morning in the frosty forest, I settled in front of the warm (glass) fireplace of your new website,
www.terriecorbettglass.com
Each of the images was worth waiting for the detail/magnification to come up on my slow computer.
Your fluency belies the difficulties of working spontaneously in a not-so-spontaneous medium (as described in your Oct 31 07 blog entry).
Red Mountains, Dark Water was just one work that spoke to me more when I could see the scraffito and lines close up. The lines reminded me of mountains in south China that had disappeared to the bottom of the bay to enlarge Macau and Taipa since our last visit. And lines truncating some peaks reminded me of lopped off mountaintops in Japan that are now golf courses.
You and Chuck are in our Thanksgiving thoughts. Your optimism as humanity rapidly changes the form of this world makes our lives so much more hopeful. (And your fruitcakes make our stomachs so much more fulfilled).
We are still admiring your new art glass pieces I picked yesterday. They are "on display" and it will be difficult to actually send these gems on, even to Mom!
Keep moving those artistic mountains,
Mark Fletcher and Sara Chang